Latest Posts

Review . . . The Archived by Victoria Schwab

I own the ebook version, so I don't have an actual picture of my copy. 

Wow this book was really great! I really enjoyed it and got a kick out of the action scenes. Really well written!



Synopsis::
Imagine a place where the dead rest on shelves like books.

Each body has a story to tell, a life seen in pictures that only Librarians can read. The dead are called Histories, and the vast realm in which they rest is the Archive.

Da first brought Mackenzie Bishop here four years ago, when she was twelve years old, frightened but determined to prove herself. Now Da is dead, and Mac has grown into what he once was, a ruthless Keeper, tasked with stopping often—violent Histories from waking up and getting out. Because of her job, she lies to the people she loves, and she knows fear for what it is: a useful tool for staying alive.

Being a Keeper isn’t just dangerous—it’s a constant reminder of those Mac has lost. Da’s death was hard enough, but now her little brother is gone too. Mac starts to wonder about the boundary between living and dying, sleeping and waking. In the Archive, the dead must never be disturbed. And yet, someone is deliberately altering Histories, erasing essential chapters. Unless Mac can piece together what remains, the Archive itself might crumble and fall.

In this haunting, richly imagined novel, Victoria Schwab reveals the thin lines between past and present, love and pain, trust and deceit, unbearable loss and hard-won redemption.


I really really liked The Archived. I wasn't irrevocably in love with it but I really liked it. 

I am, however, in love with Wesley Ayers. I had a phase in my childhood where I thought that the whole "emo/scene" style was the hottest thing ever. I'm completely over that now, but Wesley <3. And that sass!
 
Anyways, I really adored the whole world building in this story.The Archived has this fantastic world built upon the age old question of: "What happens to people when they die?". I liked that we didn't know everything from the start, because the mystery really pulls you in and makes you question things. I adore Schwab's writing style and the description and tiny details that really just does it for me. Like the part where Mackenzie mentions that animals are all id and no ego. 
I mean seriously, these quotes: 
"A sign on the far wall whispers cafe in faded cursive."

". . . but it always feels like night, smells like night. Night in a city after rain."

"Fear floats up my throat, a primal thing, a physical twinge as I step through."

"But it was put-on, a character, a lie. I am so good at it - lying - but I can't lie to myself." 

The story itself really sucks you in and I stopped keeping track of quotes after the first hundred pages. Woops! I can't wait to read The Unbound and The Archived series really does need a third book. I doubt I'll ever get enough of that sass. NEED TO GET A PHYSICAL COPY OF THIS BOOK ASAP. 

Happy Reading,
post signature

Comments

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove)