Latest Posts

Review. . . Dreams of Gods and Monsters


Wow. Wow. Wow. I don't even know where to begin with this book.
This book is the FINALE in the Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy and man is it a whopper. It's 613 pages of epicness.
I'm not goint to post the synopsis of this book mostly because it's the last in the series, but you can visit my review of the first book here.

Anyways, I'm giving this book a five out of five snowflakes, obvi.






This book was so incredible! Oh man! I can't even fathom where to begin with this review.

The ending was incredibly satisfying in the fact that it wasn't tragic nor was it so incredibly unreal. It was just enough so that the reader can imagine that Akiva and Karou's story will go on. They lead an epic tale, after all. (Obviously I've been too into VMars lately.)

It doesn't lack in the action department and there's enough moments between Akiva and Karou to make me squeal. I absolutely adore Laini Taylor's writing with it's beauty and also the stark horror and reality. She writes fantastic characters and incredibly real ones. The plotting of this series was masterful and the world is truly incredibly imagined. The storylines are so interwoven that I didn't see the seeds being sown until they happened.

I honestly did not expect Eliza's tale to take that turn. I didn't know what to make of her in the beginning, but certainly not that. Zuzana and Mik were adorable as always. And man. I don't know really what to make of the Stelians, because even after the series is over, we don't know too much about them.

There was definitely a moment in this book that I cried over and though it wasn't so much tragic, it still brought me to tears. There was just a desperation in that moment and I just couldn't stop myself.

There's a sense of loss that I have now that the series is over, even if the ending was satisfying. I just can't help but want more.

*SPOILER*

I want to know what happens with Eliza and Scarab and how they all end up becoming the godstars and how Karou and Akiva rebuild Eretz. I want to know the aftermath of Jael's presence in the human world. I just want MORE. 

*END SPOILER*

And as always with Laini Taylor's writing, there are beautiful quotes. I was halfway through the book and I had already run out of my remaining flags. Hahaha!

"There is the past, and there is the future. The present is never more than the single second dividing one from the other."

"Be good to her!" she called after them in Chimaera. "Or I'll let her turn you into a pegasus in your next body!"

"And then Karou is there with blood on her blades and Virko is folding his spikes back down - they interweave, Zuzana sees, and the elegance of it. . .the symmetry almost overwhelms her with its perfection, and that's the thing that she'll remember most, not the dismemberment, her mind is already pulling a curtain on that, but the symmetry - and Virko's spikes aren't padded now with a smelly blanket, and there's no harness to hold on to when Mik boosts her up, but Zuzanna's not afraid, not of this." 
All in all, this series as a whole is spectacular and so richly imagined. I'll be awaiting Ms.Taylor's next work with bated breath.

Happy reading and honest to god, enjoy.

post signature

Comments

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove)