Latest Posts

Quickie Review . . . Unearthly by Cynthia Hand


This cover is so shiny, I can't even.

Synopsis:
In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees . . . .

Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what that is, though, isn't easy.

Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place and out of place at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.

As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?

Unearthly is a moving tale of love and fate, and the struggle between following the rules and following your heart.
Four flakes! 

This book started off kind of boring. Though it was quick, I felt like the action didn't really start happening until the end.

I like this take on angels. A lot of the times, the half angels on earth in other books don't have a purpose except to "save the world". However, every nephilim has a purpose and this brings a unique take on the whole angel concept.

I feel like the writing could have been better, because I don't think I really got a description of Christian or Tucker except for some vague details pertaining to Clara's view on their beauty. Some of the details in the story were really pretty.
"I see a flash of the fire in my mind's eye."

"My hair is my best feature, long and wavy, bright gold with a hint of red, trailing behind me wherever I go like an afterthought." 
Also, I don't know how I feel about Angela or Christian. When we first encounter Angela, I was so highly suspicious of her, and I still am. I feel like there's more to Angela and she's possibly working with the Dark Wings? Maybe it's just the fact that I've watched so many crime shows and I am just suspicious of a lot of people.

ALSO. I don't want Clara to end up with Christian please. I LOVE Tucker. He's such a sweetheart and their time together was so adorable and cute and it just made me smile so wide. Ugh.

Anyways, need to read the next book. But not now. I have way too many books on my TBR. (HINT to my April book haul. LOL.)

Anyways, happy reading!
post signature

Comments

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove)