Latest Posts

[Waiting On Wednesday] #16: Trust Me, I'm Lying by Mary Elizabeth Summer



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


ABOUT 

Title: Trust Me, I'm Lying

Author: Mary Elizabeth Summer

Series: N/A

Publisher: Delacorte Press

Release Date: October 14th 2014

GoodReads Page
Synopsis:
Fans of Ally Carter, especially her Heist Society readers, will love this teen mystery/thriller with sarcastic wit, a hint of romance, and Ocean’s Eleven–inspired action.

Julep Dupree tells lies. A lot of them. She’s a con artist, a master of disguise, and a sophomore at Chicago’s swanky St. Agatha High, where her father, an old-school grifter with a weakness for the ponies, sends her to so she can learn to mingle with the upper crust. For extra spending money Julep doesn’t rely on her dad—she runs petty scams for her classmates while dodging the dean of students and maintaining an A+ (okay, A-) average.

But when she comes home one day to a ransacked apartment and her father gone, Julep’s carefully laid plans for an expenses-paid golden ticket to Yale start to unravel. Even with help from St. Agatha’s resident Prince Charming, Tyler Richland, and her loyal hacker sidekick, Sam, Julep struggles to trace her dad’s trail of clues through a maze of creepy stalkers, hit attempts, family secrets, and worse, the threat of foster care. With everything she has at stake, Julep’s in way over her head . . . but that’s not going to stop her from using every trick in the book to find her dad before his mark finds her. Because that would be criminal.
First off, the first sentence of this synopsis already mentions two things that I love: Heist Society and Ocean's Eleven. The synopsis also mentions lying, con artist and swanky. More things that I love! This just sounds like literally everything that I love. I sincerely hope that it doesn't let me down, because that would really suck. I kind of need this book in my life ASAP, and my wallet is crying already. I mean, look at that cover with the little gun necklace detail. UM. PLEASE, CAN I HAVE?

Happy Reading
post signature

Comments

  1. Agreed, I'm such a fan of Ally Carter and I love the idea of a teens and con artists and heists and all that jazz. I'm kind of hoping her hacker side-kick is the wise-cracking kind. They are just so much fun to read! lol, happy reading!!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh I know. There's just something about heists that really pulls me in.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove)