Latest Posts

[Waiting On Wednesday] #17: Forbidden by Kimberley Griffiths Little



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


ABOUT

Title: Forbidden 

Author: Kimberley Griffiths Little 

Series:N/A

Publisher: HarperCollins

Release Date: November 4th 2014

Goodreads page

Synopsis:
In the unforgiving Mesopotamian desert where Jayden’s tribe lives, betrothal celebrations abound, and tonight it is Jayden’s turn to be honored. But while this union with Horeb, the son of her tribe’s leader, will bring a life of riches and restore her family’s position within the tribe, it will come at the price of Jayden’s heart.

Then a shadowy boy from the Southern Lands appears. Handsome and mysterious, Kadesh fills Jayden’s heart with a passion she never knew possible. But with Horeb’s increasingly violent threats haunting Jayden’s every move, she knows she must find a way to escape—or die trying.

With a forbidden romance blossoming in her heart and her family’s survival on the line, Jayden must embark on a deadly journey to save the ones she loves—and find a true love for herself.
Set against the brilliant backdrop of the sprawling desert, the story of Jayden and Kadesh will leave readers absolutely breathless as they defy the odds and risk it all to be together.
I am so excited for this book. Like. Seriously. If you don't know, I'm in love with this manga called Red River that takes place pretty much in Ancient Mesopotamia as well. It's the only piece of literature that I've ever read that takes place in Ancient Mesopotamia and I'm so excited to read something that takes place in the same era. As much as I think that it'll be a little more sanitized in the book as it was in the manga, I'm sure that it's not quite as romantic in reality. So excited. Oh man. This will probably be my book of the month that I purchase for November.


Happy Reading!
post signature

Comments

  1. AHH I just got the E-Arc of this on EW! It sounds so good. I am really excited to read more Ancient Historical Fiction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read this one! Tell me what you think after you read it! :)

      Delete
  2. This looks really good. This is the first that I've seen of it but I'll be adding it to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you find it interesting! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove)