Latest Posts

[Review] Famous in Love by Rebecca Serle


ABOUT

Title: Famous In Love

Author: Rebecca Serle 

Series: Famous In Love #1 

Publisher: Poppy

Release Date: October 21st 2014

Get it Here: Indigo Amazon BookDepository B&N

Source: The Bloggerhood ARC Tour (Thanks Dana!)

Synopsis:

The romantic story of a girl who gets plucked from obscurity to star in the next major feature film franchise based on a book and the ensuing love triangles she gets entangled in on—-and off screen.

Meet Paige Townsen, Rainer Devon, and Jordan Wilder…

When Paige Townsen, a young unknown, gets cast in the movie adaptation of a blockbuster book series, her life changes practically overnight. Within a month, Paige has traded the quiet streets of her hometown for a crowded movie set on the shores of Maui, and is spending quality time with her co-star Rainer Devon, one of People’s Sexiest Men Alive. But when troubled star Jordan Wilder lands the role of the other point in the movie’s famous love triangle, Paige’s crazy new life gets even crazier.

In this coming-of-age romance inspired by the kind of celeb hookups that get clever nicknames and a million page views, Paige must figure out who she is – and who she wants – while the whole world watches.



I received this ARC as part of an ARC tour done by The Bloggerhood of the Traveling ARC. This does not affect my opinion of the novel whatsoever. I did not receive any compensation for this review in any shape or form.


I had been warned about an unsatisfying ending, but that, surprisingly, didn't prepare me for what Paige was about to do. I actually made a lot of notes for this one so expect a more detailed review than I usually do. See? Physical ARCs seriously help me read better and write better reviews.

I am very solidly Team Paige with this one. I'm not too big a fan of either of the boys, though I like Jordan leagues more than I like Rainer. There's manipulation and something untrustworthy that lies underneath Rainer's golden exterior. He guilt trips Paige so. freaking. much.

Paige has been pretty much shoved into the deep end and she doesn't know what she's doing because this is her first movie, ever. So not only is she trying to swim in the crazy industry that is Hollywood and try to find out who she is, she also has Rainer flirting with her and pretty much guilting her into a relationship. She latches onto it because he makes her feel secure and solid even though she doesn't really know what she wants. She has enough of her own issues to manage without Rainer.

Jordan is interesting and I feel like he doesn't appear often enough in the book for me to get a solid read on him. I love Jordan and Paige's chemistry together. It was a little weird in the beginning because something just clicked for them and suddenly they had this uber hot chemistry together. He has a lot of baggage and he's pretty much the personification of "everything-is-not-as-it-seems" in this book. He has a lot of secrets, which obviously, he reveals to Paige.

There's a line at the end of the prologue that says, "like August, she chose wrong."(ARC pg 2) It sets up the rest of the novel with a very ominous feeling and as I turned the page to start the story, I already had, "Oh no," in my head. Not only is there this ominous feeling, Paige also makes a lot of water metaphors and there a lot of scenes in the water or rain (They are in Hawaii after all). It adds a mysterious tone to the novel just because that's the nature of water.

The premise of Locked sounds like something that I would read. I'm sure that it was created to parallel Paige's reality and her own decisions. It's sort of like making fictional pop culture references when Paige is analyzing her own situations.

Also, that ending though. Oh man. I totally understand why people think this is an unsatisfying ending, but I found it to be the opposite for me. It was surprising, and abrupt. Paige made a split second decision. If I went in without the prior knowledge that it was a first in a series, I would have been more astounded at how harsh of an ending it would have been. I really liked the ending. I found it satisfying because I got to see Paige grow and learn how to swim instead of drowning. (Ha. Water references)

Physical ARCs just seem to do it for me. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy this one. Famous in Love is a great coming of age novel amidst the spotlight with some love . If I just took it at face value, I think it would have been a 4 for me.



Happy Reading!
post signature

Comments

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove)