Jamie from The Perpetual Page Turner hosts an annual end of year book survey and as this is my first year of blogging, this is my first time taking part in this! :D
So here we go! :D
2014 Reading Stats:Number of Books you read: 134
Number of Re-Reads: 2
Genre you read the most from: I think it's either Fantasy or Paranormal
Best in Books:1. Best Book You Read In 2014?
OMG. That's so hard to choose! WHY. I think, maybe, Heir of Fire, because character growth and Celaena Sardothien and THE FEELS. Sarah J. Maas's books are perfection.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Probably Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. I heard a lot of things about how fantastic and creepy the book is, but I was kind of disappointed by the creep factor. I didn't find it that creepy at all.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014?
The Walled City by Ryan Graudin. The way that the synopsis and the first bit of the book is written makes it seem like the book is a dystopian. I was surprised that it was actually a historical novel.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?
Vicious by V.E. Schwab. I have pushed this on both of my best friends and some of my other friends to read it and the have loved it. READ IT.
5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014?
Best series I Started: Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
Best Sequel of 2014: Golden Son by Pierce Brown
Best Series Ender of 2014: Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor. No contest there.
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
Nikki Kelly, author of Lailah! She's super duper sweet and adorable!
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I don't read contemporary that often so my favourite was probably We Were Liars by E. Lockhart.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Uh. Red Rising, duh! So so so action packed and incredibly unputdownable.
9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
The Winner's Curse. This book. This book. THIS. BOOK.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?
Probably Cruel Beauty. That cover is so freaking gorgeous I can't even.
11. Most memorable character of 2014?
Dorian Havilliard from the Throne of Glass series. Becase if you read Heir of Fire. You would know.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
I think the most beautifully written has to go to The Winner's Curse or We Were Liars. Those two books were written so gorgeously and oh man it's so beautiful!
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?
I don't think that any of the books that I've read really changed my life or provoked my thoughts this year, Maybe Gone Girl? Because I just never knew what was going on in that book and it kept me on my toes.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read?
JELLICOE ROAD by Melina Marchetta. Oh my god. The feels from this book. JONAH.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
"Plenty of humans were monstrous, and plenty of monsters knew how to play at being human." - V.E. Schwab (Vicious)
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon at 627 pages.
Warm Up by V.E. Schwab at 15 pages
17. Book That Shocked You The Most (Because of a plot twist, character death, left you hanging with your mouth wide open, etc.)
What other book could it be than We Were Liars?
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!) (OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)
Watts and Holmes from Every Breath by Ellie Marney. Omygod. I ship it so so so hard.
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
The relationship between the three girls, from the His Fair Assassin Trilogy. I love their friendship so much and how they treat each other!
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Probably all the Bloodlines novels I've been reading! I can't wait to read Silver Shadows when it comes out in paperback so doN'T YOU SPOIL IT FOR ME.
21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
The Fever series by Karen Marie Moning. Octavia from Read. Sleep. Repeat was talking about it on twitter and she convinced me to read it and it's pretty good. ;) I recently picked up the fourth book.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?
The absolutely latest one is probably Balthazaar from Mortal Heart. (BALTHAZAAARRRRRR)
23. Best 2014 debut you read?
Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch!
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore. Man. The world built for this series and all the plotting with codes and ciphers to go into it was intense.
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick because cute contemporaries!
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?
So many books made me cry. But I'm giving it to In the Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken as the most recent book that made me cry.
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Bound by Duty by Stormy Smith. This is an indie book that I was on the blog tour for and man. This book is great. I gave it 5 stars and I feel like not many know about this gem of a book.
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Golden Son by Pierce Brown because that book. That book.
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?
Probably Elle by Douglas Glover, which I read for school. It's a a weird retake on a real historical figure. I still don't really know what that book was about.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn because that ending though. THAT ENDING.
The Blogging/Bookish Life
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2014?
Since I'm new to blogging this year, pretty much all of the ones that I've encountered are new to me. :D You can check out the blogs I read list in the sidebar. ;)
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2014?
A particular favourite of mine is the one I wrote for Famous in Love by Rebecca Serle, which you can find here. I put a lot of thought into the review so I'm particularly proud of it.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
It was probably the 12 days of Lailah Event that I helped coordinate and participated in along with the rest of the Styclar Street Team. It was a lot of fun and I made quote graphics that I really had fun making.
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
The best event that I participated in was probably going to Word on the Street with my best friend. We rarely get to see each other and also it was a great day for book shopping!
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?
Meeting all of my new friends through twitter! It's so so so much fun!
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
My most popular post this year is the title reveal for the second book of SNOW LIKE ASHES, which I had the honour to reveal.
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
Probably my most recent post, my review of Golden Son by Pierce Brown.
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Book outlet. Omygod the prices are so cheap and the promos are pretty good too. They occasionally have the pretty popular YA novels, so now I've gotten to a point where I'm willing to wait for the new books to show up on Bookoutlet for cheap.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I simply had the Goodreads Reading challenge this year, which was set at 100 books. I surpassed it, obviously, since I read 134 books.
Looking Ahead1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?
Ummmmm. I think Four by Veronica Roth. I've had it for a while, but I haven't read it yet.
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?
Ummm. This one is hard too. I think The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski
3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?
End of Days by Susan Ee. I've adored the Penryn and the End of Days series and I am both excited and sad that the series is ending.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?
I hope to do more interviews and events on the blog. in 2015!
6. A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
All Fall Down by Ally Carter! I absolutely adore this book and I can't wait for you all to read it!